- Public History
- Cultural Resource Management
- Historic Preservation
- M.A., University of South Carolina, 2000
- B.A., Coastal Carolina University, 1998
Jenny Boulware holds an M.A. in Public History from the University of South Carolina.
For six years, she served as the Executive Director of Main Street Laurens, a nonprofit 501(c)3 economic development organization in Upstate South Carolina. She managed a historic commercial and residential district. Under her direction, Laurens received over half a million dollars in grants and programming. She also recruited and coordinated The Learning Channel (TLC) Town Haul: Laurens television series in 2005.
Prior to working in Laurens, Jenny served as a Design Services Consultant with South Carolina Downtown Development Association in Columbia, South Carolina where she developed computer-generated renderings of historic building facades while assisting in design-related issues (signage, streetscape/green space development, and master planning) across the state. She was awarded the SC Old 96 District Tourism Partner in Tourism Award, holds a key to the City of Laurens and a “Ducktorate Degree” from Walt Disney World.
Since 2008, she has designed and taught online classes in Public History and Cultural Resource Management. Her areas of strength include historic preservation, community revitalization, and partnerships. She has served as a member of the Community Design Team and has participated in the WV Redevelopment Collaborative.
- HIST 412: Introduction to Public History
- HIST 489: Introduction to Historic Preservation
- HIST 600: Introduction to Cultural Resource Management
- HIST 613: Local History Research Methods
- HIST 620: Practicum: Cultural Resource Management
- HIST 691: Advanced Historic Preservation