- Ph.D. in History, Georgetown University, 2016
- M.A., History, University of Montana, 2004
- B.A., History, Davidson College, 2000
- HIST 101: Western Civ, Antiquity to 1600
- HIST 102: Western Civ, 1600 to present
- HIST 209: 20th Century Europe
Into Russian Nature: The History of Russian National Parks (under contract with Oxford University Press, 2020).
Global Environmental History: An Introductory Reader, co-editor with J.R. McNeill. London: Routledge, 2012.
“Iugyd Va National Park and the Unmet Promise of Recreational Conservation in Russia” Ab Imperio, Spring 2019
“Losinyi Ostrov National Park and the Disappointments of the Russian National Park Movement” The Soviet and Post-Soviet Review, vol. 45, issue 3 (2018): 287-312. https://brill.com/abstract/journals/spsr/45/3/article-p287_287.xml
“Riverine Environments” in Companion to Global Environmental History, J.R. McNeill and Erin Stewart eds. (Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2012) pp. 297-318